Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How to Raise a Well Behaved Pet

I am ONE WITH CARE...I was raised to respect nature, animals and the earth.  I have spent time raising and helping to care for dogs, cats, birds, pigs, chickens and horses.  I was trained to anticipate animals needs and recognized early on in my life how one on one time spent with your pet can ultimately train them to be a well behaved animal.
 
Tender love is the best for a cat or dog, even a bird.  Growing up, my parents owned a Landscaping and Arborist Company.  The sites that required tree trimming or removal would (at times) also require the removal of a birds nest.  Instead of abandonment, or trashing of nests as most companies conducting that type of business do; my parents decided to take them home.  They would nurture the eggs into the hatching of the birds, raising them to eat and fly, and then setting them free after some gentle rearing.  These same birds we would gather as a family and set free would always stay close to home; flying back to the sound of our whistles.
 
As a child growing to a young adult I watched and assisted my parents raise many birds, dogs and cats throughout the years.  They taught me to give direct attention and affection to every animal, every pet and even all the birds.  They showed me you can hold a bird, cat or dog in a way that truly sends your intention to care into them through your touch. I use the methods my parents and family have taught me to care for animals. 
 
True affection, time spent loving your animal will change you and change your pet. They begin to see that you (their owner) can touch every part of their body and it wont hurt them; this is much needed trust. Dogs, Cats, Birds, all animals come to us apprehensive to human touch and behavior. I have first hand experienced the time and patience and consistency it requires to show an animal what is "good" and what is "bad" through positive re-enforcement.
 
Ultimately I believe that pets are just like children, they need to be taught what is good, and raised with unconditional love, so they can provide the same to you in return...

~CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Your Feedback; One With Care is striving for excellence